Tuesday 3 December 2013

You're weird, I like that


I've had this shrubby phlomis for a few years now placed at the top of some steps and it has just sat there and looked …well scrubby shrubby and hardly a flower.



This year is another story, magnificent grey green spikes of foliage and covered in extraordinary whorls of yellow flowers. I also like the idea that only bees can pollinate the phlomis, a great reminder of how important our little bee friends are. I'm looking forward to taking cuttings when it finishes its firecracker display and then I shall continue them along the back of the long border with nepeta and 'Silver Ghost" rose.


I'm not 100% sure but i think this is Phlomis fruticosa, Jerusalem sage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to be kind, it's a nicer way to live and grow in the garden.