Wednesday 21 May 2014

Camellia Song

 Camellia oracle of winter bliss
You are the promise of springs renewal
Midst the slumbering landscape
Like winters splendid jewel 
Camellia japonica 'Melbourne White'

Your miracle of life
So delicate and so sweet
You adorn Victorian homes
Upon these earthly streets 

Camellia 'Sugar Dream'

The beauty of your elegance
Your fragile blossom lingers
The softness of your petals
Pass through my waiting fingers

Camellia japonica 'Albertii'

I celebrate your symmetry
Your absolute perfection
Creation of that Life divine
You are but God's reflection 


Camellia x vernalis 'Yuletide' one of my favorites.


You are a life long lesson
A song that's ever sung
From the deepest winter spell
You bring forth the morning sun
Lynne FincherSpringarden

Camellia sasanqua 'Rose Pendant'

Camellia lutchuensis

My own darling flower.


Such a wonderful time to explore Melbourne gardens right now with camellias in singing bloom across our town. This year I am trying to take cuttings to propagate so I have an heir and a spare to take us through the hot summers to come so wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to be kind, it's a nicer way to live and grow in the garden.