Monday 7 January 2013

ArtLife in the Garden - pebble mosaic


Many of you will have seen Maggy Howarth's work as they often feature in magazines and Chelsea or Hampton Court flower show. I find something magical about the tones and intricacy of the work that by placing pebbles and stones you can create images with such movement and clarity to them. Oh for one in my garden! 





I have a step at the bottom of a stairway leading to the back of the garden that has lost its stone top so I shall try to make a small mosaic on that - commonly called lintel mosaics as they are so small and used to define an entryway. I shall be using Maggy's book for that - highly recommended.
I wonder how long it will take me!  All images from Maggy's web site - pop over and have a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to be kind, it's a nicer way to live and grow in the garden.